Monday, June 22, 2009

Geek Con Awaits


Mostly, I just wanted that last entry off the top of the blog, but I bought my GenCon badge for this year's convention. For the uninitiated, GenCon Indy is the largest gaming convention in the world, mostly focussed on my favorite hobby, board gaming. They have introduced video games to the Exhibit Hall floor, which does little for me, but still a neat time.

The good thing is, I ddin't think my sight would last long enough for me to go. It may not, as my practical vision is touchy at best, but I am hopeful I can go.

It's just a fun day to buy stuff, to see what's out there and go to a few gaming sessions, tournaments, demo some games, meet some people, go to gaming seminars and so on.

While gamers are one of the most self-serving, egocentric people out there, you can meet some neat people as well as just enjoy being out there. I look forward to it in mid-August.

No comments: