Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wii Little Hitler

Wii have discovered the silly fun of the Mii Channel for the Wii. When David got a Wii for his birthday from my mom and sister (mom is trying to get into heaven now), we created Miis for all 6 of us. It was pretty fun in and of itself.

A few weeks later, the kids and I go to the Mii Plaza to look at what other people have created. To my amusement, my friend Dave had a Hitler on his Wii, as well as Jackie Chan and other celebs. I looked for a Hitler, and the offerings were, in a word, disappointing.

Now I get tired of people's negativity at times, in terms of nitpicky criticisms that just make people sound bitter and angry. It's tiresome. And yes, I am being a bit of a hypocrite here, as I have a few buttons (religion, egocentrism and others). But astill, I thought, this is the best people have done? Granted, creating Miis is not intended to be Poser/Maya realistic, but how hard could this be?

Well, a bit harder than I anticipated. You only have so many eye/head/hair shapes to work with. I did my best and uploaded the thing, as I didn't think it was bad. It is our most popularly DLed Mii that we have made.

However, my friend Ben was over and observed the Hitler Mii I created and said it looked much more like John Hillerman of Magnum PI fame (he played Higgins/Masters; pictured above). OK, then. I had fun creating it though. The Hitler in the graphic above is not mine, btw. I just don't know how to grab my Hitler off the Wii and post, and even if I could, it's not worth the effort.

I must admit I find it incredibly amusing to see our various Miis stuck in crowds or part of teams while playing games on the Wii. I was almost cackling when Hitler was pitching to Jesus in baseball during the same game where Napolean Dynamite made a great outfield catch and a scary Jack Black hit the game winning homer...off of...Jesus. I am far too easily amused by such things.

No comments: