Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rob, You Tool

All I've been blogging on lately are geek sessions, but I plan on changing that. I have just been busy doing other things.

On Monday, MLK Day, all of my gaming friends had the day off as we all work for one of our town's local institutions of higher learning. So we decided that after a D&D session on Friday, a board game session was in order.

Game: Cosmic Encounter
Players: Brian, Tim, Dave, Rob
Winner: Dave
After taking an early lead, Rob stole my hand, took what he wanted and trashed the rest. My game never got back into form. Dave played well, had an abundance of Reinforcement cards (I didn't have one the entire game), and went on a roll, beating all of us to 5 planets. I think I went from first to last in one round about the table after my hand was pilfered. Well played by Dave though.


Game: Stone Age
Players: Brian, Tim, Dave, Rob
Winner: Tim/Brian
Stone Age is only *supposed* to have one winner, but I am declaring two. Tim certainly played well enough to win, and desrves recognition. Also though, during the game, dearest Rob (and I didn't catch this) told Tim the card he just got gave him a permanent Tool of value 4. It was supposed to be a one-time shot. When the end score was calculated, I would have won had the Tool been processed the right way. Now, everyone who knows me knows that winning a game is secondary to having fun for me. Oh, I do try, but no big if I don't. On this one though, and since it is my blog, I will declare 2 winners..... 8P

Game: Dominion
Players: Brian, Tim, Rob
Winner: Brian
Dave bowed out a bit early, so the 3 of us played Dominion, using an online page I got from BGG to generate the 10 Dominion cards. It was a decent set, but not a single card allowed more than 1 Buy, so the game was a bit longer than usual. I think it was Rob's worst Dominion game evar, as he was making noises we think were ones of despair over there. Tim and I finished very close, 39 & 36, as my last Province buy got me over the top. I love this game.....

No comments: