Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yen Are We Playing Power Grid Again?


To the left, observe the China side of the China & Korea map I acquired for Power Grid. It had been a long time since we had played Power Grid, and I was reminded that the last time we played, our friend Topher had played with us (a sad brief memory of our lost friend). I also had purchased the new Power Grid ower Plant deck, and semi-followed the guidelines for blending the old and new decks.

Game: Power Grid

Players: Brian, Ben, Tim, Dave. Rob

Winner: Brian
A good game, but man it was long. 'Twas good to see Ben again, as his presence has been gone far too long. And Tim stated the usual "I hate this game" not 10 minutes into the game. I felt bad for Rob, as a massive overbid on an early power plant left him short on liquidity, and he never recovered. An otherwise close game with the other 4 players, it came down to a last-turn tie with myself and Dave both powering 19 plants. Ben and Tim were right behind. As I had 20 bucks left over to Dave's 6, I won the tie-break. Long, but good game.

Game: Dominion

Players: Brian, Ben, Tim, Rob

Winner: Tim
Dave bowed out, and we taught Ben what has become our favorite game of late. We went with the Village set, if I remember right, from the instructions/suggestions. A good game that had some synergy between the cards. I *think* Tim won, but someone correct me if I am wrong here, as it was 1:30am before we finished.

No comments: